The Spanish sofrito is a hot sauce that contains various ingredients such as onion, garlic, pepper, tomato, etc. It is widely used in Spanish stews of rice, pasta, meat and is the fundamental base of Mediterranean cuisine.
Today we will tell you how to make a good traditional Spanish sofrito with all its ingredients and little tricks to make it delicious.
- 1 onion
- 2 peppers. One green and one red.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 3 tomatoes.
- Chop the ingredients. You can use a mincer, but the important thing is that they are all well chopped.
- In a frying pan, add oil that covers the base, it can be a little more, and put on a slow fire. During the sautéing, the fire will not touch, hence it becomes slow, so that it does not burn.
- Add the ingredients for hardness. First the onion must be incorporated, then the garlic and the peppers and finally the tomato, which is the ingredient that releases the most water.
- When adding the onion, cover it and put a little salt so that it has more texture. When it is transparent we proceed to add the garlic and the peppers.
- When the garlic and peppers are soft and poached, add the tomato and continue cooking over low heat.
- Let everything cook for a while, mix the ingredients and flavors well. At the end, you have the option to pass everything through the blender so that there is a homogeneous sauce or not, you can leave it as it is.