In the Spanish Mediterranean diet there is a principal ingredient, the extra virgin olive oil. It is healthy, tasty and with great quality, so we invite you to try it.
The Mediterranean diet is very different from the typical one found in the United States. It has less meat but more vegetables. It is considered a lifestyle with great health benefits such as improved metabolism among others like next ones:
- Help to lose and maintain a balanced weight.
- Reduce diabetes.
- Against certain cardiovascular diseases.
- Good for memory.
- Reduces the risk of bone fractures.
What does it consist of?
Mainly it is based on consuming fresh and natural foods such as extra virgin olive oil mentioned above, vegetables, legumes, cereals and all those that are not processed or industrialized products.
How to make a Mediterranean diet?
- Use extra virgin olive oil as the main source of fat. It is recommended to take two tablespoons daily.
- Eat foods of plant origin: fruits, vegetables, legumes …
- Bread and cereal foods: pasta and rice
- Eat fresh and seasonal foods. Avoiding the industrialized.
- Take milk and cheese daily.
- Reduce the consumption of red meat once a week and in small quantities.
- Eat fish and eggs in abundance, at least 3 times a week.
- Dessert should be changed. We forget the sweet and we eat fruit.
- Water is the quintessential drink of this diet although it is recommended to drink a glass of red wine daily.
- Exercise every day.
As you can see, do a great and healthy diet is not difficult. The Mediterranean diet is one of the easiest diets that all people do sometime in their live. So, why don’t you try it too? If you hace any doubt about this just write a comment below and we answer you as soon as possible.